Thursday 29 September 2016

Good News Video

Facebook Video

So, incase you are not on FB and I know not everyone is, here is the video I posted when I'd heard my good news.  I'm flabbergasted as to date it has had over 3k views!  I'm a bit overwhelmed to say the least!

As an introvert (I usually describe myself as a gregarious introvert) I'm not used to sharing quite so much as I have on this journey, but am pleased that I opened up on this one as the support I have received has been phenomenal.  But as an introvert it's also why I post and then hide for a bit, til I can cope with it all again, I need to go 'inside' to restore my energy.  I will get round to answering the messages that have been sent, please be patient with me.  They are all read.and all very much appreciated.  From the likes and loves on the post, to the shares and the comments, and the messenger messages, the texts, the emails and the letters and cards.  What can I say but Thank You xx

I just wanted to post today to say that it is not the end of my journey (I still have chemo to go, I will always have Lymphoma); it is not the end of this blog.  There are so many half written posts in the draft box ... One about friends (the importance of them), one about language (my biopsy - they talk about using a gun and then shooting me, just what you need with a cold metal thing on your breastbone!) , one about pelvic floors (OMG that one might never get shared but it is important - incontinence being the second most common reason for being put in care in later life, and if you've ever been in one of my yoga or YogaBellies classes you know I am a bit obsessed - this time it's personal!) one about talking about cancer (and there are just so many things in that one, and so many people who won't even mention the word).

They haven't all made the blog yet because it's tough to write when your emotions are addled! And my concentration is pants at the moment, I flit from one thing to another and don't get finished.  But the encouragement I have had about the blog means a lot to me, and makes me want to write more.  It has given me a voice in a time when I felt like I've lost something of myself, it has given me a platform to shout that I'm not shutting down, I'm not quitting, I'm going to come back brighter than before, it has given me some sort of focus when ...

So when these squirrels have stopped raving for a bit, and I get my head a bit more organised, said blogs will appear.  I hope you will keep reading and sharing your thoughts with me.

Lots of love
Pam xx

PS Now I need to go and bake! MacMillan Coffee Morning Friday 30th at The AmiYoga Studio 10 -1.

No comments:

Post a Comment